Brittiney George is a Movement Practitioner and Somatic Therapist Specializing in Transformative Touch.
Brittiney is a former native of Michigan, who moved to Pennsylvania in 1999. She has specialized in movement for over 20 years and was a corporate manager and trainer in financial services prior to starting her own private practice. Brittiney offers Somatic Therapy sessions, HSP Women Leadership Circles, Workshops, Movement Classes, and Infant Massage and Baby Signs® Parent Series and is currently on faculty at The Somatic Therapy Center.
Brittiney specializes in helping people find their ground when they are feeling thrown by life and movement when they’re feeling stuck. This can be due to trauma (physical, emotional, or relational) or by a life event that requires new movement (i.e. new job, new baby, or a new relationship).
Whether you are coming in for an individual session, a movement class, or a workshop, her intention is that you leave feeling seen, heard, supported, and most of all, deeply listened to.
She is passionate about working with:
- highly sensitive individuals
- the hidden artist that never got to fully express themself
- people that feel stuck in a pattern of movement and/or repetitive life choices
- the open-minded, open-hearted individual that’s ready to make changes for themselves
Somatic Therapy Sessions:
Somatic Therapy is the healing balm for the places in you that have been bruised, scratched, or cut up by life. You know your story, your body knows the impact of how you’ve experienced it.
“A Somatic Therapy session is like settling into your skin after having experienced a lifetime of things getting under your skin.” -Joe Weldon, co-founder The Somatic Therapy Center
Somatic Therapy uses transformative touch and talk together to help you listen to your body and interpret the messages that you receive. It invites ease, relief, and connection to the body, mind, heart, and soul.
Sessions are 55 min. in length. During a session you are fully clothed laying on a massage table or sitting in a chair. Touch is always done with your permission and with complete respect for you.
“While seemingly very simple, this is a powerful and non-threating way to access insights that can be important in healing. Brittiney has a gentle touch and intuitive wisdom that has helped me to uncover issues for further thought and exploration.” — LGD
*Contact Brittiney to Schedule your FREE Introductory Session*
Classes and Workshops:
Rest, Restore, and Move Class:
Bi-weekly on Tuesdays from 12-1pm
Your place to play with postures, to invite in rest, and to explore movement. All welcome.
» Learn more about the Rest, Restore and Move Class
Highly Sensitive Women Leadership Circle:
Community gatherings and retreats to support Highly Sensitive Women in Leadership. Join Brittiney George, Elizabeth Venart, and Tracie Nichols for community, education, and exploration around creating a new paradigm of what it means to be a leader. “Being an agent of change doesn’t mean changing others, it means being you!”
Learn more and register for upcoming events at: https://www.meetup.com/Highly-Sensitive-Womens-Leadership-Circle/
4th Wednesday of the month from 7:30-9pm
Connection, Expression, and Movement (CEM) is a monthly women’s workshop led by Brittiney George and Alix Amar that focuses on bodymind integration. Each month the discussion and explorations center on a specific theme such as stress management, embracing your gifts, finding your ground, and exploring balance in your life. Workshops are limited to 10 participants. Register by contacting Brittiney George.
“What stood out for me was learning to rethink, in a positive way, about my body. Paying attention, acknowledging…and truly listening to signals and messages from my body helped me feel more balanced in my mind, spirit, and body.”— KS
New Parent Support:
Brittiney offers a safe, shame free zone (yes, crying babies are allowed!) in her Infant Massage and Baby Signs® 6 wk series. Parents will receive tools to reduce stress, deepen communication, and create a community of support for both parent and child.
Infant Massage Classes (birth-pre-crawling):
Infant Massage strengthens bonding and begins the dialogue of healthy touch with your child. Parents massage their own babies and learn different strokes each week that aid in relief from colic and gas discomfort and muscle tension while promoting bonding and better sleep.
By the end of the series you will:
- Know the difference between yes and no cues to touch.
- Be able to differentiate between soothing and stimulating strokes.
- Have a strong base of knowledge of strokes, holds, and movements you can use for soothing.
“Being a developmental psychologist I know the theory behind infant massage, but being able to practice with my own child in Brittiney’s class really solidified the positive aspects in the literature. It was life changing for us both!”-Dr. Paige Davis
Baby Sign Language Classes (6-18 mths):
Babies have a lot to say even before they can speak. With the Baby Signs Program®, babies and toddlers can communicate using simple, easy-to-learn signs that promote cognitive, social, language, literacy, and sensory-motor development to make the most of their critical first three years.
By the end of the series you will:
- Know signs that help with reducing frustration and tantrums.
- Have signs and songs you can use for education, communication, and play.
- Learn educational activities that promote intellectual development for your baby.
“Shortly after my daughter started walking, she started signing. I remember you saying some babies need to walk first before responding to sign language. It’s so exciting for both of us! I love seeing her learn new things and I can tell she appreciates the ability to communicate and know that we can understand and respond.”-KB
- Certified Somatic Therapist (Levels I, II, & III)
- Certified Rubenfeld Synergist (Levels I, II, & III)
- Certified Educator of Infant Massage through Infant Massage USA
- Independent Certified Instructor of Baby Signs® Sign, Say, and Play Programs
- Certified Pilates Instructor through PhysicalMind Institute in New York, NY
- Certified Pilates Instructor for Breast Cancer Survivors through Pink Ribbon Program
- Bachelor of Science in Health and Physical Education from Hillsdale College in Michigan
- Interned at University of Michigan-MedSport Physical Therapy Center
- DVAEYC Early Childhood Conference Speaker (2016)
- Inspired Family Conference Speaker (2014)
- LOVE AWARD- Finalist for Mainline Parent Best of Family Mommy & Me Class (2015)
“I have found that this touch is a gentle and positive way to really get in touch with your body and feelings. It has brought a gentle and positive change to my life. I would recommend Brittiney George and her work without question, excellent.”-Chris T